I will start this list with what I consider to be by far the best free SEO WordPress plugin 2019 and, best of all, offers more features than Yoast without asking for a single expense from you.
But that’s not all; I will also take advantage of sharing the best free and paid SEO plugins so that you are fully prepared to put together an SEO optimization strategy at all levels.
This plugin was launched at the end of last year by the company Mytheme Shop, which is dedicated to the development of plugins and premium templates for WordPress.
The characteristics of this plugin that make it the best choice for your website’s SEO:
The main feature of this plugin is that it does not force you to use all its SEO functions, but, it allows you to choose between track 404, AMP, Link Counter, Search Console, SEO Analysis, Sitemaps, Woo Commerce, Role Manager, Rich Snippets, Redirections, among others.
Continuing with the list, Yoast SEO is still the king of SEO plugins for WordPress, more than 35% of the sites that use this CSM have Yoast installed to optimize their keywords and the full SEO of the site.
While no longer my first choice, Yoast SEO (in its free version) is a more than enough choice for beginners or people who do not need to do a deep SEO job.
On the other hand, its Premium version (89 dollars) offers more options and can be complemented with more premium add-ons for Woocommerce, Videos, and Local SEO.
- Analyze your keywords to see how optimized your page or post is.
- It allows you to preview how you will look in Google search results. Also, change your titles and Meta descriptions to add your keywords or keywords effectively.
- It allows you to detect duplicate content in your posts or pages.
- Kept updated twice a week to always be up to the changes in the Google Algorithm.
- Its premium version allows you to create redirects, get technical support. Also, an interface without advertising, add more keywords or keywords, among others.
The SEO Framework
Another of the most used SEO plugins for WordPress today. Free, fast and light. This plugin mainly focuses on helping you achieve more speed on your site while helping you optimize your WordPress SEO.
- Unlike the majority of SEO plugins, The SEO Framework does not focus on keywords, but rather on a “Focus Issue” to help you have more comfortable and less forced writing.
- Although it does not offer a premium version, it does offer paid extensions that allow you to add more advanced SEO WordPress optimization features to the plugin.
- Perfect interface for beginners in the world of on-page SEO
- Offer choice for Local SEO
- It sells nothing but has much of the features that Yoast offers.
- It has an extension to control spam comments without adding an extra plugin.
- Much of the configuration is completed automatically, so you don’t need to spend a lot of time after installing it.
- It has the choice to create redirects
- It allows you to check and improve your items in real-time.
This plugin is relatively young but it already has very good ratings in the WordPress plugin repository and its ability to optimize SEO is quite complete.
- Like Yoast, SEOPress offers a premium version but unlike here you can pay once to use it on as WordPress sites as you want, that can be a great advantage.
- It allows you to activate or deactivate features to avoid over-copying your WordPress.
- It allows you to control meta titles and meta descriptions
- It allows you to create different types of sitemaps and customize them to your liking.
- Gives you the choice to integrate Google Analytics to your site to avoid using added plugins.
- Analyzes the publication while you write it, giving you a tip to optimize the SEO score of each publication or page.
All in One SEO Pack
If you check any ranking of the best WordPress SEO plugins they will always put Yoast SEO in the lead and as their main competition will be All in One SEO Pack.
This plugin offers a free version (somewhat limited to my liking) and a premium version for 57 dollars for one site, or annual licenses of 97 dollars per year for 10 sites and 419 dollars per year for unlimited sites.
- It has advanced support for Woo commerce
- Google Analytics support
- Fully translated into more than 50 languages.
- It has almost the same (and sometimes more) characteristics as Yoast but in a slightly less attractive package.
- Allows you to edit categories, labels and custom taxonomies
- Compatible with Custom Posts
First I must recognize that unlike the others, I have never used this SEO plugin for WordPress, but I have done a little research to add it to this list and it does not go unnoticed.
- One of its main features is that this plugin is more focused on those who are not experts in the world of On-page SEO.
- Its functionality is different, you enter your keyword and as you write the article the plugin allows you to verify if you are doing a good job in the structure of your publication and whether you follow the basic recommendations for optimization.
- Although it has a free version, it also offers a PRO version of the plugin that adds even more features.
- The optimization of keywords is completed in real-time, you do not need to be updating the post every time you write to see the changes.
- It allows you to analyze the competition to see how to write more optimized articles on your site.
- It has a system of exportable content reports to share with other members of your team.
- If you come from another SEO plugin, Squirrly allows you to keep the settings you have made in others.
- It allows you to review long-tail keyword or keyword recommendations directly on your desktop. Allowing you to get more ideas to write on your website.
Optimizing WordPress SEO is a constant task, although these plugins will make your work much easier, the most important part is in the quality of the content you offer.